Studentships in Summer (Non Member State Nationals)
Job Reference: SUM-NMS-2009
A limited number of studentships during the summer period are available. Full CERN financial support is offered to students in physics and engineering fields who are nationals of countries that are not Member States of CERN.
Students will join in the day-to-day work of research teams participating in experiments at CERN in Geneva, Switzerland.
The deadline for this application is fixed on 13 February 2009.
In addition to the work in the experimental teams, the selected students have the possibility to attend a series of lectures. Several scientists from around the world share their knowledge about a wide range of topics in the fields of theoretical and experimental particle physics and computing.
* You are NOT a national of a CERN Member State CERN Member State.
* You are a university-level undergraduate or post-graduate student.
* You have a good knowledge of English; knowledge of French would be an advantage.
Please note that you should upload TWO references from your professors in order to maximise your chances of selection. The letters can be sent by postal mail:
CH-1211 Geneva 23
or by fax: +41 22 7668600; or by e-mail: Recruitment.Service@cern.ch
What We Offer
* You will receive a subsistence allowance to cover living expenses in the Geneva area for a single person.
* The CERN Housing Service will assist you in finding accommodation on, or near the site of the laboratory.
Applications are considered by a panel of CERN experts which meets in March.
Only those applicants who are successful will be notified in April.