The Signal Processing in Communications Group (GPSC, www.gts.tsc.uvigo.es/gpsc ), affiliated with the Department of Signal Theory and Communications at University of Vigo, Spain, invites applications for two postdoctoral positions in the field of wireless communications. The selected candidates will join GPSC to investigate fundamentals and algorithm design/evaluation for communication and sensor networks. Areas of particular interest include:
* Sensor networks
* Cognitive Radio
* Compressed Sensing
GPSC is formed by 5 faculty members from the University of Vigo as well as several MSc and PhD students, and participates in several research projects funded by the European Commission and the Spanish Government. Among these, the recently launched COMONSENS project (www.comonsens.org) integrates investigators from 10 different top research institutions in Spain. GPSC members also actively collaborate with the Galician R&D Center in Advanced Telecommunications (GRADIANT, www.gradiant.org ) in diverse contracts with ICT companies. Thus, the selected candidates will enjoy unique opportunities to participate in exciting research projects with both industry and academia.
* A Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering is required
* Knowledge and experience in sensor networks, cognitive radio and/or compressed sensing
* Good verbal and written skills in English are required
* Strong publications in international conferences and journals in the area of communications
* Postdoctoral experience in a recognized group with expertise in the field is a plus
* Experience in the organization, management and training of technical staff/students is a plus
* Communication, computing and interpersonal skills are important
* Capacity to work both independently and within a team
The initial appointment will be for one year, with annual renewal dependent on funding and performance. Expected start date is March 2009. Successful applicants will be offered a 30,000-36,000 € yearly gross salary depending on qualifications, as well as health benefits.
* Curriculum Vitae. (*Please include your e-mail address and a recent picture.)
* Cover letter addressing the specified job qualifications.
* Letter of reference from a senior Professor/Researcher.
* A copy of the publication deemed as best representative of the candidate’s creative research.
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by February 15, 2009.
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.
Submit application by email to:
Dr. Roberto Lopez-Valcarce
Departamento de Teoria do Sinal e Comunicacions
ETSET. University of Vigo
36310 Vigo. Spain
Phone: +34 986 818659,