The Developing Solutions Scholarship Fund and the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme will reach out to those students who have the potential to make a real difference to the development and prosperity of their home countries.
Developing Solutions Scholarship Scheme
Partial Tuition Fee Scholarships are available for new students from Africa, India and the developing countries of the Commonwealth (listed countries below) registering on Masters programmes (including MRes and Masters by Research programmes) at The University of Nottingham in September 2009 in the areas related to Environment,
Food, Health and Technology.
(All courses in the Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences and Faculty of Science, plus some courses in the School of The Built Environment, School of Geography, Institute for Science & Society, Institute of Work, Health & Organisations, plus Operations Management in the Business School).
• 60 Tuition Fee Scholarships of 75% each are available for new students from Africa
• 60 Tuition Fee Scholarships of 25% each are available for new students from India
• 60 Tuition Fee Scholarships of 25% each are available for new students from the
developing countries of the Commonwealth (outside Africa and India)
Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Falkland Islands, Fiji, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Kiribati, Malaysia, Maldives, Montserrat, Nauru, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn, St Helena, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tristan da Cunha, Turks and Caicos,
Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Western Samoa
Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme
The University of Nottingham will also offer 8 Scholarships for new students registering on Masters programmes at The University of Nottingham in September 2009 in the areas related to Environment, Food, Health and Technology – please see next page re eligible countries for this scholarship, conditions for applying, and how to apply.
In order to apply for one of these scholarships you must
• be holding a conditional or unconditional offer of a place on a full time Masters degree programme at The University of Nottingham from September 2009
• be classified as an ‘overseas’ student for fee purposes
• complete our online application form at
• submit your application by 1 May 2009
Further Scholarship Information and Application Details (PDF)