UK PhD Scholarships/Studentship in 2010: Bournemouth University (BU) is justifiably proud of its reputation for excellence in research. In the last Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) results, BU was the fourth most improved university in the UK for the quality of its research and achieving a high global research profile.
The RAE ranking means that BU is now in the top ten for research amongst the 60 new universities (UK institutions which have become universities since 1992).
There are over 100 PhD researchers carrying out their subject-based research under the supervision of some of the leading researchers in their fields at BU. Many of our research centres have an international reputation for their outputs, and they also focus on research with potential for commercial exploitation.
As part of our continued investment into our research profile, we are offering 25 fully-funded studentships commencing in October 2010. The first call for applications is for projects in the following Research Centres:
* Centre for Conservation Ecology and Environmental Change
* Centre for Excellence in Media Practice
* Centre for Forensic Science
* Centre for Midwifery, Maternal and Perinatal Health
* Creative Technology Research Group
* Centre for Wellbeing and Quality of Life
* Design Simulation Research Centre
* International Centre for Tourism & Hospitality Research
* Psychology Research Group
Externally Funded Studentships
The Centre for Digital Entertainment (CDE), a collaborative venture with the University of Bath and industry partners has fully-funded studentships on offer in Digital Entertainment.
At BU there are also opportunities for full-time or part-time self-funded students to apply for a research degree.
Further information: UK: Bournemouth University PhD Scholarships