For over a century the University of Birmingham has been recognised as one of the world’s leading universities for the quality of our teaching and research. We attract students of the highest calibre from around the world and have been welcoming international students to the University for over 100 years. To award outstanding achievement, we are pleased to offer a number of international postgraduate scholarships.
Who we are looking for
Applicants must have an excellent academic background obtaining a good 2:1 equivalent bachelors degree as a minimum.
Applicants must also demonstrate excellence in an area of their life. This might be outstanding academic achievement, exceptional achievement in extra curricular activities (such as sport, music, managing events or societies) or significant achievement gained either in their working life or through volunteering and service to others.
Applicants must also outline the contribution they will make to the University of Birmingham as a student and what they expect to gain from studying here.
In order to apply candidates must:
* be overseas for fee purposes
* have applied for a one year full time masters course and have been issued with a student id number
* must not be in receipt of a full fee scholarship from any other source
* Any application received without an id number will not be considered
* Have made adequate financial provision to study in the UK.
* For information on living cost for the UK please visit the International student Advisory Service website http://www.undergraduate.bham.ac.uk/finance/livingcosts.shtml
Please be aware that you must have made an application to study at the University of Birmingham before submitting a scholarship application
For further information: