Tshwane University of Technology is pleased to announced the TUT Master’s and Doctoral Full time scholarships for unemployed postgraduate students for 2012.
Candidates pursuing their studies or research work in areas such as social and human sciences, economic and management sciences, natural and applied sciences as well as engineering and technology, and all other Disciplines, may apply.
• Only available to full-time unemployed students
• International students will be considered for a scholarship, but only a limited number will be awarded.
• Students must have obtained a minimum average of 65% in their previous studies to qualify for a scholarship.
• In deserving cases, a motivation for South African students who obtained 60%-64% average can be submitted for possible funding.
• Not for a second Masters or Doctoral degree
• Students doing their 3rd year of Masters or 4th Year of Doctoral do not qualify for a scholarship
• Students must be prepared to sign an agreement with the institution, agreeing to the conditions and expected completing date of degree.
• Students who receive external scholarships (eg NRF, MRC, WRC, etc.) may not apply for a TUT full-time postgraduate scholarship.
Value of Scholarships
Masters degree ▪ R45,000 per annum (includes tuition fees) for a maximum of 2 years
Doctoral degree - R55,000 per annum for a maximum of 3 years (Faculty will pay for tuition fees during the first year of study and it will not be subtracted from the scholarship amount)Please contact the relevant Faculty or Academic Department to ensure that the Postgraduate Degree is available before applying for the scholarship
Please note that incomplete application forms will not be processed for possible funding; therefore ensure that you attach all relevant documentation
All application forms can be collected from supervisors or departments. All completed applications must be submitted in signed hard copies to:
Physical Address Postal Address
Ingrid Botha Ingrid Botha
Directorate Research & Innovation
Tshwane University of Technology
B20, 132 First Floor
Closing Date: 14 October 2011
Download complete guide