UK: Master Scholarships in Health and Development for International Students 2010. UCL is ranked in the top five universities worldwide (THES-QS 2009)and in the top three multi-faculty universities in the UK. The UCL Centre for International Health & Development (CIHD) is an interdisciplinary collaboration of leading academics working on health and development in a global context. We are based at the Institute of Child Health within University College London and work closely with the UCL Institute for Global Health
Our main research themes are:
* maternal and newborn health
* nutrition and livelihoods
* early childhood development
* disability and children in difficult circumstances
Cross cutting topics include HIV prevention and treatment, the evaluation of community interventions, and the analysis of health systems and policies.
We collaborate with a number of centres of excellence (especially in Africa and Asia) and share results of research widely so that they can contribute to the improvement of the health, nutrition and development of people in poor communities. We also work with a range of international agencies and NGOs promoting the use of evidence-based good practice.
CIHD Scholarship and Funding
1. African Graduate Scholarships:
**Application deadline for scholarship is on May 14, 2010**
* CP Charitable Trust African Graduate Scholarship
* Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust African Graduate Scholarship
The scholarships exist to support African nationals with a high-quality academic and professional background who wish to further develop their skills and knowledge in their specific field. The Scholarship is a one-off award for the academic year September-September.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
* The candidate must be an African national and a permanent resident of an African nation.
* The candidate must have made an application to UCL to study for a full-time postgraduate programme at the Centre for International Health and Development for the coming academic year.
* The scheme offers a substantial scholarship towards UCL tuition fees and some living costs. Therefore, the candidate must arrange for and obtain additional funding for their subsistance cost while livig in the UK. The candidate must also be able to provide evidence that he/she has secured other sources of funding for travel and living costs.
* Please also see the guidelines and application procedures
* Download a scholarship application form
* Applications must be received at CIHD by the specified deadline (for the academic year 2010-11)
2. CIHD Virtual Scholarship:
CIHD offers a limited number of partial scholarships of £1,500 for MSc applicants from overseas and £1,000 for PG Diploma applicants from overseas. These scholarships are paid towards tuition fees only and are not awarded for living/subsistence costs.
Eligibility: Available to suitably qualified applicants who have been given and have accepted an unconditional offer from UCL but are having some difficulty in obtaining full scholarships.
If you feel you are eligible for this scholarship please:
* Write a two page statement of the value of this course to your personal development in your chosen field of work.
* Write a statement of funding applications you have made.
* Provide details of any sponsorships you have been awarded and
* Please return these along with a completed Scholarship application form by 10th July 2010.
Further information link: