Most applicants will apply simultaneously for graduate admission to the University of Cambridge and for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship using one application form (GRADSAF). As well as the GRADSAF form, applicants must also submit supporting documentation (e.g. three references, transcripts and any other material required by the University). Full details are available from the Graduate Studies Prospectus.
Applicants for the MBA and MFin programmes run by the Judge Business School should see these websites for information about how to apply for admission and a Gates Cambridge Scholarship.
Before submitting an application all applicants are strongly encouraged to read through the entire ‘apply’ section of this website.
* The Trust no longer offers scholarships for a second undergraduate degree.
* The Trust does not admit or place scholars.
Candidates for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship:
* may be citizens of any country outside the United Kingdom.
* may apply to study any subject available at the University of Cambridge.
* may apply to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study:
o PhD (three year research-only degree)
o One year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.)
o MSc or MLitt (two year research-only degree)
o MBBChir Clinical Studies (four year postgraduate degree)
* must be admitted to one of the degrees above at Cambridge through the University’s normal admission procedures. The Trust does not admit students.
* must be well prepared for the Cambridge course for which they are applying and must meet all of the conditions for admission specified by the University (e.g. academic, English language proficiency, if required, and any other conditions set).
* must be able to show evidence of high academic achievement, leadership potential, social commitment and a good fit with Cambridge.
* who are already studying at Cambridge are only eligible to apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship if they are applying for a new course of study (e.g. a one year ‘MPhil only’ student may apply for funding to continue on to the PhD). Candidates already studying at Cambridge who are not applying for a new course of study (e.g. have already started their PhD) are not eligible to be considered for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship.
US Citizens – 15 October
Non-US Citizens – 1 December
For further information