* A two-year fulltime (120 ECTS) European Master Programme for degree-holders in Environmental Studies and related areas.
* A Joint program of four top nocth European Universities: Technische Universität Hamburg-Harburg (TUHH), Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB), Universidade de Aveiro (UA), Aalborg Universitet (AAU).
* Different scientific orientations, with a strong intercultural component.
* ERASMUS MUNDUS scholarships from the European Union
* Well organised staff and student mobility.
* A unique social and learning experience with an inherent change of perspective that will give you the leading edge in the employment Market.
Scholarships and fees
ERASMUS MUNDUS scholarships are available for applicants of exceptional merit from "third countries" and European Union. Following the values of the scholarships:
Cat A: total :48000 EUR
monthly instalments 24 x 1000 EUR
travel cost annual instalments 2 x 4000 EUR
participation fee 16000 EUR
Cat B: total 18000 EUR
monthly instalments 24 x 500 EUR
participation fee 6000 EUR
Who’s it for?
JEMES offers a scientific and theory-oriented education on a high academic level and with strong emphasis on project work to highly motivated students. Applicants have to hold a good undergraduate degree with relevance to environmental studies and proficiency in English (with a level of at least TOEFL 550 / 213 / 79). A joint committee with representatives of each university selects the students competitively.
The Academic Committee is in charge selection of students and 3rd country lecturers. Current composition (Members: Prof. Wolfgang Calmano (Technische Universität Hamburg-Harburg), Prof. Xavier Gabarrell (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona), Prof. Per Christensen (Aalborg Universitet), Prof. Ana Miranda (Universidade de Aveiro).
Academic assessment is done by experts from the field, on defined criteria and under exclusion of any conflict of interests. After having evaluated all incoming applications that were formally eligible, the Academic Committee will come to a definite decision that is not open to any debate.
Selection will be made on the basis of the documents of application.
Important criteria are (weighting %):
* Academic excellence of home university / institute (15%)
* Recognition of home university (1st degree), final mark of the BSc (or equivalent degree) (30%)
* Relevant academic background in engineering sciences and management. number of scientific publications and/or communications in scientific meetings (20%)
* Motivation of the candidate (10%)
* Competency in English (TOEFL, IELTS, "Cambridge") (15%)
* Work experience and social competence (5%)
* Recommendations (5%)
For futher information